- What is Popmoney?
Use Popmoney to pay anyone you know, or anyone you owe! It’s the easy way to send and receive money directly from your FSB account. It’s safe and secure and all you need is an email address, mobile phone number, or bank routing and account number.
- What do I have to do to use Popmoney?
You will access Popmoney through your online bill payment session here at Farmers State Bank. Click on the tab called “Popmoney.” Send money to anyone using their email address, mobile number or account information.
- Some of my friends and family bank outside the “network” and have to go to popmoney.com. What will this mean for them?
People who do not use a bank or credit union in the Popmoney network can use the Popmoney service at the www.popmoney.com site (terms and conditions apply). There, they can send and receive money just as you do here at FSB. They can use the “Quick Deposit” feature to deposit the payment without going through the full enrollment process. You can even send money directly to a financial institution account, so your recipient doesn’t have to do anything.
- What are the features of the Popmoney service?
List of features:
- Personalize your gift payments with an e-greeting template
- Set up future-dated payments and recurring payments
- Import contacts from popular email services (such as Hotmail®, Yahoo!®, Gmail®)
- Send money using an account number, email address or mobile number
- Respond to Popmoney activity, including depositing payments and paying requests
- Receive money by simply verifying an email address or mobile phone number (without formally enrolling)
- Access one of the largest person-to-person payment networks for financial institutions, with thousands of participating banks and credit unions.
- How secure is Popmoney?
From the moment information is sent to Popmoney to the time it is stored and accessed again, it is encrypted using industry leading software, hardware and algorithms. Security is also utilized at specific points and actions in the product. For example, to help prevent an unauthorized person from fraudulently depositing someone else’s payment, one-time verification codes are used. For every initial payment to a new email address or mobile phone number, a verification code is sent to the user. The user must provide that code back to Popmoney to verify his or her “ownership” of that mobile number or email address before the payment can be deposited.
- How fast can I send and receive money with Popmoney?
With Popmoney, a recipient can receive money in as little as one business day; however, in some cases it may take longer. For example, if you send an email or mobile payment and the recipient is not yet registered for Popmoney, he/she must sign up for the service so that we have their account information to deposit their payment. Also, if you exceed your next-day payment limits, then your payments will be sent using standard delivery or three (business) day service. Limits can and will vary. For your protection, limits have been created on how much money and how many payments can be sent during various time periods.
- How are payment limits handled?
Limits may vary by user and financial institution. Limits apply to the amount you can send per transaction, per day and per month, as well as to total outstanding payments. You can always check your limits by going to the “Send Money” screen within the Popmoney service and clicking on “View Limits” next to the “Amount” field.
More Questions about Popmoney?
Want to learn more about our other electronic services?