With FSB Online Banking account access, you can view your Farmers State Bank account information from a computer or mobile device with Internet access by entering a Username and a password that you choose. Simply log in using the form on the homepage. First-time users need to sign up for Online Banking and complete the online enrollment as prompted.
- What is Online Banking and how can I use it?
FSB's Online Banking service provides round-the-clock access to your Farmers State Bank accounts, allowing you to transfer money between accounts, reconcile your statement, download transactions, view check images, and much more.
- How much does Online Banking cost?
Our Online Banking service is completely FREE!
- Which accounts can I access?
You can access all of your Farmers State Bank checking, savings, loan, and CD accounts. Simply call us at 319-377-4891 or contact us for additional information.
- Can I access my accounts from more than one computer?
Yes. Using a browser with industry standard encryption, you can log in from a computer or mobile device anywhere with Internet access. Simply enter your Username, answer your security questions if prompted and enter your password to access your Farmers State Bank account(s).
- How current is the information I see while using Online Banking?
The information is real time, online data so you always have access to your most current information.
- How far back can I view or export my transactions on Online Banking?
Transaction history is available for viewing and downloading for seven years. Check and deposit images are available for six years.
- Why can't I view all of my accounts online?
There are a variety of reasons why certain accounts may not be available to view online. If you feel there is an error please contact your Personal Banker.
- Are there any times when Online Banking is not available?
Although minimal, there are times when Online Banking is taken offline for maintenance. We make every effort to post a notice in advance to let you know when the system will be unavailable for an extended period of time.
- Can I speak to a live person if I have problems?
Yes! You may contact us at 319-377-4891 during normal business hours or contact us during business hours.
- Should I use a particular Internet browser for banking online with FSB?
It is recommended that you use the most current updated Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer (11) or Microsoft Edge browser.
Passwords & Security
- How secure is FSB Online?
FSB's Online Banking system offers the latest industry-standard security technologies to protect the data for our customers. This includes a password-controlled system entry, a digital certificate issued by a certified authority for the server, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol for data encryption, and a firewall to regulate the inbound and outbound of our server traffic. Additionally, our system requires access via a browser that supports industry standard encryption, and all sessions are automatically logged off after 20 minutes of inactivity. It is critical to your security that you do not share your login information with others. We also suggest you periodically change your password.
- How do I change my password?
While logged into Online Banking, click on "Profile". In the Password section, click on Edit and follow the directions.
- Can I change my Username?
The system does not provide the option to change your Username; however, an FSB Personal Banker can change your Username if you wish.
- What if I forget either my Username or password?
If you forgot your password, click on Password Help on our home page under the Login section and follow the prompts. Your password will be emailed to you. You must contact a Farmers State Bank representative to obtain your Username. Just call 319-377-4891 for assistance.
- I received a message that I was automatically logged out due to inactivity. What does this mean?
For your protection, our system will automatically and securely log you off after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- Does Farmers State Bank have a privacy statement?
- What are the limitations on transferring funds between accounts with Online Banking?
You may only transfer money between accounts that are shown in your Online Banking session after you log in. In addition, the funds in your account must be available in order to make a transfer, and there are regulatory requirements limiting the number of transfers from savings or Money Market accounts to other accounts to six per month.
- How long will it take for an Online Banking transaction to post to my account?
Since our system is real-time, transactions post immediately. However, funds from your deposits may not be available immediately. Funds availability for cash withdrawals, transfers and check payments depends on the type(s) of deposit(s) made. For more information, please refer to the disclosures provided to you at the time you opened your account.
- Can I cancel a transfer once it has been confirmed? Once confirmed, transfers cannot be cancelled. We suggest you use the Online Banking system to move the funds back to the original account. If you are using the "Scheduled Transfer" feature, you can modify any future transfers within this area. You may also contact an FSB Personal Banker to have a transfer removed by calling 319-377-4891 during normal business hours.
- How can I confirm that the transfer went through? The system will provide you with a confirmation number. In addition, in the Transactions section of the account, click on either "Current Business Day" or "Current Statement" to confirm that the transfer was completed. Transfers completed after 6:00 PM will post the following business day.
- I have money in my account, but my transfer was denied because of insufficient funds. Why? Your account balance may reflect funds that are not yet available (either from a recent deposit or a hold on your account.) To learn when those funds will be available, please contact an FSB Personal Banker at 319-377-4891.
- Can I find the current pay-off amount for my loan online? The Online Banking system gives you an approximate pay-off amount. You must contact your Personal Banker for the exact payoff amount.
- Can I import my personal account information into financial software packages such as Quicken® and QuickBooks®? Yes, our Online Banking service supports software formats for current versions of Quicken, QuickBooks and spreadsheet programs. Select your account, then select “Download”. Select the appropriate range of information, choose the export format and click on "Download Transactions".
Online Check Images
- Is there a charge for viewing check images online? You may view your online check images FREE through Online Banking.
- How do I sign up for online check imaging? You don't have to sign up! Online check imaging is automatic when you sign up for Online Banking. It is available with all checking accounts, even if your account you don’t receive them on a paper statement.
- Can I view all of my checks through check imaging? You will be able to view all checks for which we have captured an image. Occasionally images for certain checks will be unavailable as a result of problems with scanning that particular check or if the retailer submits the check in an electronic format.
- Will I be able to see the front and back of the check? Yes, both sides will be available.
- When I try to retrieve a check image I get a message that says, "Image Cannot be Retrieved at This Time." Why can't I see any images? If you are unable to retrieve your check images, we may have taken our image system offline for a short time. Please try back later. If you are unable to retrieve one specific image, please contact your Personal Banker at 319-377-4891.
- How soon after a check has cleared my account can I expect to see the image online? Most images will be available the next business day. Items with a pending status will be unavailable until after final posting.
- How long will my check images be available online? Images are available for up to six years. If you need to retrieve a copy of an earlier check please call your Personal Banker.
What do the different error messages mean?
Here are some common error messages you may receive:
- We are unable to log you in. Try again, or contact customer support - When you get this message it could mean one of two things. First, it could mean that you are using the CORRECT Username but the wrong password. Or you are attempting to log in with and incorrect Username. Both your Username and password are case-sensitive. If you are confident that you know your Username, click on the Forgot Password link and follow the prompts. If you do not remember your Username, please call FSB at 319-377-4891 and an FSB representative will assist you.
- There are not enough funds available in your account to complete this transaction - The amount you are attempting to transfer is more than what's available in the account.
- Your account has been disabled. Please contact your financial institution for more information - You have attempted to log in with incorrect credentials three times. For security reasons, the system will lock your account. Please call 319-377-4891 and a Farmers State Bank representative will enable your account.
- Your account information is not available at this time. Please try again later - This message might appear if the Online Banking system is undergoing maintenance.
- Your request could not be completed at this time. Please try again later - Again, this message might appear if the Online Banking system is undergoing maintenance.
- Transaction did not complete for the following reason(s): 1. A security error has occurred - Online Session has expired - Possible reasons include double clicking a link or pressing the browser's Back or Forward or Refresh buttons. Return to the Login page to login again.
Error messages you may receive when enrolling
- You are already enrolled. Please contact your financial institution for more information - You are already enrolled for Online Banking. Please contact a Farmers State Representative for assistance.
- The Username you entered cannot be used. Please enter a different Username – Someone else is already using this particular Username. Since they must be unique, please enter a different Username.
Other Common Topics
- All of my accounts are not appearing when I log into Online Banking. Please contact an FSB Personal Banker, who will verify that your accounts are coded properly.
FSB CheckFree Bill Pay
- How much does it cost to pay my bills using CheckFree through Farmers State Bank? FSB's online bill payment is completely FREE - as long as you pay at least one bill each month. Of course, you can pay as many bills each month as you'd like; there's no limit! In months that you do not use the service, a $3.00 inactivity fee will be assessed to your account.
- How do I sign up for CheckFree Bill Pay? Already an FSB Online Banking customer? Simply log onto Online Banking and select the checking account you want to pay your bills from. Click on the "Pay My Bills" link. A "Terms & Conditions" agreement for our bill payment service will appear. To agree to the terms, click on the "Accept" button which will allow you to begin using our free bill payment service.
- Not yet signed up for Online Banking? Just click "Enroll" in the Online Banking login section on our home page and follow the instructions. Then follow the directions above to access our free bill payment service.
- What if I receive an error message when trying to enroll in Bill Pay? You may have previously been a Bill Pay user, so the automatic enrollment does not work. Contact your Personal Banker at 319-377-4891 for assistance.
- How secure is Bill Pay? FSB’s online Bill Pay uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure:
- Your Username and Password: Your Online Banking Username and password are unique identifiers that only you know. The security of your account depends on you NOT sharing your Username or password with anyone else.
- Our Bill Pay uses SSL (secure sockets layer) which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption: FSB's Bill Pay uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out: Our system automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for several minutes. You will be prompted with a message that your webpay session has timed out. It is best if you sign out immediately after you are finished using Bill Pay. It is best to sign out immediately after you finish using Bill Pay and not to use your browser's Back or Refresh buttons.
- What if I have a bill payment question or problem? Our bill payment support staff has an exceptional reputation in providing customer support to our users. Simply inquire about the bill(s) in question while logged onto our bill payment system, or call toll free at 877-741-5197. Make sure you have your checking account number and the payee and bill information.
- I get the message “Cookies are blocked” when I try to access Bill Pay. Cookies must be enabled in your Internet browser in order to use Bill Pay. Please follow instructions specific to your browser to enable cookies.